Commercial Electrical Panel Upgrades
There are many businesses that operate with inadequate electrical wiring as a result of the modern technology advances. In most cases when there is a renovation or an update of a building, the wiring is ignored and his is what affects the quality and the needs of power in most businesses.
What are Electrical Panels?
Electrical panels assist in the distribution of electricity in a business. The power from the utility company will flow into the electrical panel and from here it will branch to smaller branches that are used in the distribution of power in the business. For productivity and the safety of your employees and business, you will need a properly working modern electrical panel. The National Fire Protection Association and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration require that the electrical panels have dead fronts which are aimed at protecting the exposure of live parts that may lead to electric shocks.
The Location of Electrical Panels in Businesses
Electrical panels are the grey or painted metal boxes where the wring comes from. These boxes are located in areas that are easily accessible and if the panel is not in the building, it is mostly likely located outside the business premises. Faulty and old electrical panels will lead to problems such as,
- Frequent blows of fuses and tripping breakers
- Flickering lights
- Faulty circuit breakers that fail to trip leading to overheating, electrocution and fire
- Electrical wires melting
- The need to switch off one appliance so as to use another
- Increased risk of fire and electric shocks thus putting your employees, customer and property at risk.
Signs that you need a new Electrical Panel in your Business
- Rust or corrosion on the panel or breakers
- Two pronged or non-grounded outlet
- Electronics running at half power
- Panel box making cracking sounds
- Electrical service conductors overheating
- Installation of new appliances such as printers, copiers, servers, computers, projectors among many others that will nee dedicated outlets.
- You need surge protectors to protect your appliances
- You frequently need extension cords
- Computers that are not on dedicated circuits
- Your electrical panel has no main breaker
- Your business needs a 240 V circuit
- The addition of sub panels
- Renovations and additions to the business
The following are the reasons why you need a Fail Safe Electric professional to handle the installation and maintenance of electrical panels:
- Only a professional will get the right panel that meets your needs
- The process will have local planning approvals and permits
- The wiring will be according to the federal codes which change frequently
- All existing wires will be inspected and repairs made where necessary according to the code
- The professionals will use proper and safe materials and use proper copper grounding.
- You will get a good map of your newly installed system including the wiring, switches and the schematics of your panel.
- The professionals are insured to work in your premises and we guarantee that they will deliver the best services that will leave your business safe from electrical fires and electrical shock.
If you live in an old building or are concerned about your businesses electrical system in relation to electrical needs and safety, contact Fail Safe Electric and we will give you a hand in upgrading your panel. Our electricians will assess your premises and install a modern electrical panel which will meet the standards of the code and ensure that you and the occupants of the premises are safe from any electricity related accidents.