It’s late Saturday evening on a long weekend and you are enjoying a quiet evening when suddenly the lights go out in your living room. It annoys you but this isn’t the first time this has happened, in fact it seems to happen quite regularly when you turn your space heater on. An easy fix, you just have to reset the breaker like you’ve done countless times before, so there is really no need for concern right?
This is the wrong approach; continually resetting a breaker may be an indication that your circuits are overloaded, you have a faulty appliance, or even trouble with your wiring.
Don’t hesitate to call your electrician, even on a holiday
A circuit breaker is a mechanical device whose job it is to protect your electrical circuit from overloading. A typical residential outlet is rated for 15 amperes which means that all the outlets on the same circuit, and everything connected to them, must not draw more than a total of 15 amps If this amount of current is exceeded then the breaker will trip. When a breaker regularly trips, it can indicate a serious issue, and is reason to call your Emergency Electrician immediately; even if that day lands on a holiday. At Fail Safe Electric Company our fully licensed electricians are available 24/7 to respond to any electrical emergency.
An electric fault is a serious issue
A fault in your electrical system can lead to a number of very serious and potentially dangerous issues. When the fault is located within the wiring hidden behind your walls and is not visible, a professional electrician is trained to find this fault and correct it before it leads to a fire. If the issue is with a faulty appliance such as the motor on a freezer, the technician will find this issue and perhaps help you avoid losing all your frozen food. If the circuit breaker that trips is a special GFCI type breaker, this indicates that there is a faulty ground, and if this circuit happens to be attached to your hot tub then you are risking a dangerous electric shock that can seriously harm or even kill you.
Leave it to the pros
You should never attempt an electrical repair on your own. Electricians have experience in safely handling electrical repair issues. The electricians at Fail Safe Electric Company go through extensive training and are industry certified to work on problems related to electricity and are equipped with professional equipment to help them do their job.
Here are just some of the added benefits of hiring our professional electricians
- We are aware of product recalls that may affect your system
- We keep safety as their top priority
- We are bonded
- We carry many replacement parts with them so you don’t have to wait
For more information or to call for an emergency electrician in the Shorewood Illinois area, call us 24/7 at (630) 243- 5833